Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Seems Like Yesterday

that I was only 18 and just beginning to find out who I really was. Now it is a decade later, and I feel like I am still that 18 year old girl! Hard to believe!! I sometimes have to stop and remember what I have accomplished in the last ten years, doesn't feel like much until I think about it! I have found the love of my life, which is not any easy task, but I got lucky. We have built a wonderful life together by starting our own company. I have to say that not many people I know have done this, and it is one the things I am most proud of. We have bought our own home, and maintained our sanity in the process! I have to say that the last two days I have sat around feeling sorry for myself because the plan that I had in my head didn't work out the way I wanted it to. I thought by now that I would be a mom at least once, if not twice. But I have to remember that not everything happens the way you plan. Everything happens for a reason, I keep telling myself that, but I am not sure I believe it yet. I am lucky to have the things that I do in my life and I am thankful for all of it, but selfishly I want more...is that too much to ask? The hardest thing for me to do right now is hear about everyones pregnancies and be happy for them (and I am happy for them, just hard to show it sometimes). I know that I will be given that gift when I am ready for it...just feel like that is now. No more feeling sorry for myself, I have more than some could ever dream of...great husband, great family, great friends, great home, great business(s). I am blessed, and I know it.

No comments: